Here are the following options of film institution for my film production:
1) Hammer Production
- a British film production company based in London
- Founded in 1943
- best known for a series of Gothic ‘Hammer Horror’ in the mid 1950s-1970s
- Later on, they start not only films but also TV comedies
Pros about Hammer Production
- Was already said to be the dominator for horror films for early years
- Have created really successful horror films such as The woman in black (2012)( click on the film title to go on it’s wikipedia )
Cons about Hammer Production
- Really unstable ( often sold to different investors )
- even though it’s a good brand no one would invest it
2) Warner Brothers
- is an American media company that makes film, television and music entertainment.
- one of the major film studios
Props about Warner Brothers
- It is a really big company meaning that it’s a stable company comparing to Hammer Production.
- Not only does it dominate horror films but other films of other genre too
- Signed distribution partnership with Hammer Production.
- Made successful horror blockbusters such as Annabelle, The conjuring , A Nightmare elm street ( click on the movie name for their profile )
Cons about Warner Brothers
They don’t dominate horror films as much as Hammer Production
My chosen Institution:
- Even though Warner Bros doesn’t dominate the horror films industry it is a much more stable film company with stable investors.
- It has also created such successful blockbuster that once again not only does warner bros make good horror films but other genres’ too
- Therefore, my chosen institution isn Warner Bros