What is a single camera production?
Any production which only uses one camera to film.
What is a multi- camera production?
Any production which uses more than one camera to film.
Advantages of using a single camera:
– More convenient move around in small places.
-No need to worry about differences of things that have been taken like light intensity.
– Lower filming budget since there is a reduction of camera- man and crew which look after the camera.
– Reduce filming budget since there are lesser camera required.
Disadvantage of using a single camera:
– Each scene is needed to be shot several times for different angles and shot types, which result in more time is needed.
– If the camera got damage all the footage recorded will be gone.
– Director may realise that footages are not continuous when editing since it is harder and less convenient to find the right angle and place to shot a scene after one scene.
-It is easy to forget about the 180 degree line.
Since my school only have one camera, my production will therefore be a single camera production. However with that I may train myself to over come all the disadvantages of using a single camera.