- Is a science fiction movie anchored by the low key lighting, and the main characters the robots and monsters in the mise en scene.
- including opening credits
- Back ground of the later title sequence turned to red which is the iconology of blood. Narration rather fit the todrov theory, background turned red at action.
- Light shined from the robots but not the monsters signifiers that the robot have a good conscious; since light signifies truth, goodness and hope.
- laser and broken pieces of robot and monster seen that there’s a binary opposition between them which is also the preferred , laser was largely shown so it might be the main weapon used in the movie.
- The Non- diegetic music sound also the Leitmotif give an ideology of the theme music of movie. It also crescendo effect as the title sequence reach the middle.
- Three robot shown at the end of the title sequence suggested that they are going to take a big part of the movie.
- Target audience -aim at teenagers and male since The preferred reading was the binary opposition between robot and monster.
Click on the image above for the opening sequence of Pacific Rim.
- Captain America
- The way in which it belongs to the genre science friction is anchored by the using of animation video effects through out the whole title sequence which also signifies the iconology of Mavel the production company.
- The star that showed up at the beginning then placed on to the character signifies the inconlogy of the character ( captain America) which is also the preferred reading.
- Character standing in the white next to black strips in the background of the mise se scene suggested that the evil are surrounding the character but the character is standing in the good side.
- The iconlogy of shield is placed in the black background which singnifies the evil concious influencing the shield
- The relfection of the shield and the sign of the octopus is attached which prefer that they are connected, and showing the binary opposition between the shied and the octopus anchored by the contrast of the background colour black and white and the position that the are located .(shield on top and the octopus at the bottom)
- The background in the mise se scene turned to red signifying blood but only the shield is white which is an iconology of hope.
- Character facing the white background and facing backwards to the balck background also signify they know there is hope and what is right.
- placing good characters as white shadow in black background also signify hope.
- Placing bad character’s as black shadow in white background can clearify the binary opposition even more; and connection of this character is connected to captain america is anchor by the star in the arm which is an iconolgy of captain america.
- Having a world map in the background of the mise se scene singnifying that this woman is related to the whole world.
- The non-diegitic background music give an ideology of the theme music of the movie.The whole title sequence gave a prefeered reading and ideology to the audience of the binary oppoisiton evil and good, flase and truth anchorded by the background colours and the cotrast of colours used. It also give an ideology to the audience that the movie won’t fit the tordov’s narration theory since there isn’t changes of cresendo in music nor changes of colours used.
- Click on the image above for the opening sequence of Captain America.
The last of us
- Including opening credits
- The preferred reading (which is America is under threat becuase of some kind of dieasea) is presented clearly in the title sequence was anchored by the non diegetic over lapping voice over done by the news reporters and the ambient sound effects of polices cars, crowds also the suspence of climax is built by the cresendo of background music near the end of the title sequence.
- The movement of white liquid spreading over the black background signifying the dieasea is spreading in America as fast as the liquid.
- The way in it gives an ideology of it belongs to the genre thriller to the audience, is anchored by the use of chiaroscuro lighting (film noir) in the mise se scene; which leaves a sent of mystery.
- click on the image for the opening sequence of The last of us.